Monday, November 23, 2009

LEL 4: Grammar Skills for Writing 4: Adjectives, Adverbs and Confusing Words

1. Interest level
I think this course would be extremely interesting for some anglophonic people who write how they speak and don't know, for example, that the word "alright" doesn't exist. It would also be beneficial to many francophonic people who don't know the difference between "write", "rite" and "right"; "where", "wear" and "were"; "than" and "then"; etc. I thought it was quite interesting even though I already knew it.

2. Difficulty
For people who can make the difference between an adverb and an adjective, and between the words that sound the same, the course is extremely easy. I am one of these people, since I write much better than I speak in English... However, I am sure it can be difficult for people who speak very well but never write.

3. What I learned
Unfortunately, I cannot say I learned anything...

4. My score: 100/100

5. Course rating: 8/10
Even though this course was not interesting for me, I think it is the most relevant course I took so far. I think people don't know how to write; especially when they write posts on sites like Facebook or on blogs. I see mistakes like "your" instead of "you're" way too often. If everyone took a course like this one, maybe people would stop inventing new languages on the Web...

1 comment:

  1. Very good points indeed. However, you could get more comments section 3 even though you did not learn very much. 8.5/10

    ReplyDelete